Whether you are an employer or an employee we have the knowledge and experience to guide you through the issues you face.
We advise on all aspects of the employment relationship including recruitment, people management, remuneration and where necessary, settlement agreements, resignation and termination. If you are under review of the Department of Labour with regards to overtime waivers, claims from ex-employees or for other matters of contractual compliance with the Labour Law we can minimise the impact and cost of these disputes.
We can assist with the following: -
- How to hire in the Cayman Islands in a manner that is compliant with the Labour and Immigration laws.
- Ensuring your contracts are compliant with the local Labour Law on issues such as sick leave, disciplinary procedures, severance etc.
- How to fairly dismiss an underperforming or troublesome employee.
- How to deal with in-house personnel disputes.
- What to do if a claim is made against you by an ex-employee.
We advise on issues that frequently arise including changes of contract terms, disciplinary issues, proposed terms of agreement for termination and redundancy packages and claims for wrongful and unfair dismissal.
We can help with the following issues: -
- Have you experienced an issue with a fellow employee, which is causing problems at work?
- Are you facing a disciplinary issue?
- Have you received a notice of redundancy and need guidance?
- Have you received a notice of termination of your employment and need advice on a settlement agreement offered by your employer?
- Do you want to take proceedings for wrongful or unfair dismissal or to claim unpaid wages?
James Kennedy sits as a Chair of the Labour Tribunal in the Cayman Islands. For more information on our services or to book a consultation please contact us.